The natural gas industry plays a pivotal role in the functioning of the economy in more ways than one, but their equipment is often vulnerable to unforgiving ecological conditions. When your temperature-sensitive gas instruments are exposed to freezing temperatures, natural gas environments, and other related sectors can experience a bottleneck in productivity once the cooler months arrive.
That’s where a catalytic infrared heater comes into play. The infrared energy produces the best flameless heat source solution that continues to revolutionize several operations within the natural gas industry. Some of the real-world applications of a catalytic infrared heater include freeze protection for the following:
- Gas meters, chokes, orifice taps, and most types of valves;
- Regulators and control valves used for pressure and flow management;
- Fuel gas heating for compressors, generators, and other gas-fueled equipment;
- Separators and storage vessels;
- Gas wellheads and other upstream processes;
- Gate stations and other points of pressure control during distribution;
- Heat sensitive instrumentation.
The Goal of Catalytic Infrared Heaters in Propelling Productivity
Many locations in the natural gas industry are without a source of AC power, and without a cost-effective heating solution, important equipment can freeze due to a combination of cold weather, gas with high moisture content, and gas pressure reductions. As we mentioned above, catalytic infrared heaters are an excellent freeze protection measure that does not require a constant electrical power supply.
Catalytic infrared heating is an affordable choice that offers unparalleled safety thanks to the flameless catalytic reaction. Bruest offers the following catalytic infrared heater products:
- Enclosure Heaters – a type of catalytic infrared heater system that directly heats valves, regulators, and meters to prevent local freezing;
- Instrument and Pilot Gas Heating – a type of catalytic infrared heater system that safely provides a constant stream of heated gas for pilot-operated regulators, control valves, and more;
- Space Heating – Wall or floor mounted catalytic infrared heaters that provide direct heating to help keep industrial workspaces and personnel warm;
The Bottom Line: How Catalytic Infrared Heaters Hold the Key to Increasing Your Productivity
Catalytic infrared heaters are the perfect choice for the natural gas industry since it offers an extremely safe, cost-effective, and efficient way to apply heat wherever it is required.
This means companies can save thousands of dollars by avoiding repair and replacement costs of frozen assets, leading to an incredible uptick in productivity, all while maintaining a high level of safety.
Are You Looking for the Best Catalytic Infrared Heater Manufacturer Near You?
Combating freezing in the natural gas industry can be tricky to manage, but if left unmanaged it can have far-reaching and detrimental repercussions.
Bruest Catalytic Heaters are designed for safety, efficiency, and ease of use in mind. The heaters are offered in multiple sizes, BTU ratings, and configurations to meet varying application requirements. All Bruest Catalytic Heaters are available with certification levels rated for use in Class I, Division 1 or 2, Group D locations. ATEX certified heaters rated for Group II, Categories 2 or 3, Hazard G locations are also available, among other certification options for safe, certified heaters wherever they are needed around the globe.
Bruest offers reliable flameless catalytic infrared heating solutions, so explore our selection of safe and efficient heaters. Our products guarantee environmentally-friendly natural gas heating solutions and economic freeze protection. Contact us today at (800) 835-0557 for more information!